Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Curtain of Silence

I wonder what secret this cloud of silence hides,
I cry out loud but your silence stifles my scream.
I wonder, I wonder what it hides.
Its not often that you see a smile so sad,
Don't shut your eyes let them speak,
traitors to you, best friends to me.
Your tear soaked eye lashes,
weighed by the sorrow in your heart... so pretty, so serene.
What mortal poet can compose in words, what you feel,
and yet that melancholic smile draws more of my ilk to you,
to unravel the mystery of that enigmatic silence.
Another sherlock is born.
I look at you through the maze of my doggerel verse,
what blind poet can see the beauty beyond.
Mere men with narrow sights.
A life time of tears shall not wash the smears upon your heart.
What cruel deed! what shameless act!
In silence you endured and in silence I seek...
I wonder, I wonder what the silence hides.

(2002)

No comments: